Leopard shipping on new macs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" (3GB DDR2)
Does anyone know if Apple usually switches the os of new macs as soon as the os is released? I am considering waiting until the release of leopard to get a new imac so that I can save some money and get leopard and ilife 07 preinstalled. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
As far as I know, they do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
As somebody said in a previous post, there is no better time to buy a mac than now. Leopard could be released from anytime now until fall.
When it is launched it will not ship on the new macs for about another 2 months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
As somebody said in a previous post, there is no better time to buy a mac than now. Leopard could be released from anytime now until fall.
When it is launched it will not ship on the new macs for about another 2 months.

Yeah, that's what I ment. What he said!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Well, you might as well wait until the 20th Feb when something's supposed to be happening apparently. And the new OS does ship straight away doesn't it - Apple didn't wait to sell out of Core Duo iMacs before selling the Core2 version.

Reaction score
20th February is unlikely. If Apple presents Leopard, they would've sent out Invitations by now. February 20th looks more like Beatles on iTunes, nothing more. No Keynote or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20th February is unlikely. If Apple presents Leopard, they would've sent out Invitations by now. February 20th looks more like Beatles on iTunes, nothing more. No Keynote or something.

All this anticipation for the 20th of FEB just for a beatles album, i dont think so :)
i think they will launch a nice product such as a coloured ipod video or something lol

M

MacHeadCase

This February 20th thing seems to be a only a rumour because usually when there is a real Apple Special Event, announcements are made and I googled for more info on this and only came upon rumour sites... And not to mention that February 20th is in 7 days?...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
maybe its a secret launch or something
and this is to build up suspense, what do u find more exciting... apple agree even on 20th Feb or possible apple event 20th feb bit launch expected...
you decide
i think this is a big marketing scheme, and its working :)

Reaction score
I bet totally that it's just Beatles. If they do release Software, then at the most iLife. NEVER EVER Leopard.

These rumor guys will just pick out a random Tuesday and post it up for hype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
380078543_21bc41a798.jpg

February 20th will be the release of the iFriend. For those lonely individuals who just need a happy pal. If you look at it just right, he's smiling.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.