• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question about Leopard 10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Hey all, I had a question about when leopard comes out. I've never been through a major OS change, so I was wondering how the upgrade would treat my documents and files. Will it keep my music and school files on there? As well as programs (office for mac) or will I need to use my backup drive to put everything back on there? Thanks for the help!

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
It will keep everything.

This topic has been discussed many times before, the search function is your friend.

OP
CodeSamurai
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Got it, thanks. Must have misspelled something when I searched.

Reaction score
...the OS upgrades are pretty seamless. I've never lost a single thing during upgrade.

There are varying opinions on whether a clean install should be done or just write right over the existing OS. Many have had perfect experiences simply installing the new OS right over the top -- others feel it's beset to clean install.

OP
CodeSamurai
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What did you inted to type in?

I typed something along the lines of "OS upgrade" I got a some pages, but none caught my eye as being the answer. It was probably in there somewhere though :bomb:

Reaction score
It's so funny ... this thread has spent as much time discussing "Search" as it has the OP's question. And the whole point of Search is that it's supposed to cut down on excess/wasted time and discussion. :dive:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.