Photoshop Elements or Aperture

Reaction score
I have had my iMac 24 for about a month now and love it. 2GB with 256 video card.

I am starting to get more and more into photography, just for fun, and have been using the PS Elements on my PC prior to the Mac. I am curious about Aperture as it is a Mac program and I would believe it would run more efficiently. For you Aperture users, will Aperture do all that can be done in PS Elements? I know this is a very general question, but I was hoping for some feedback before I invest in one or the other. I am not married to PS, so going with Aperture would not be a big deal for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You can download and try Aperature for free for 30 days to see which you like better.

Aperature Trial

Reaction score
I ran through my Aperture trial and while the program had some really nice features, I wasn't convinced to buy it. The layout (at least on a 15" MBP) was too busy. I'm sure I could have found the preferences and fixed parts of it but in the end the learning curve was just too steep for my little brain. I'm keeping my fingers crossed than a UB version of Photoshop Elements 5 will come out before the end of summer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.