• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you think this desk would compliment my mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Right now, I'm using a desk that I rigged together to set my MacBook on. It isn't very well constructed, and now that I got an HP printer/copier/scanner combo, I have very little space left on it. I'm going to the University of Wisconsin next semester and I'm getting an apartment so I put a bid in on a desk on ebay. I'm in between shifts right now for work so I'm bored. I was wondering if you think this desk would look good with my BlackBook on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/SAUDER-OFFICE-OR-COMPUTOR-DESK_W0QQitemZ120083696727QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20495QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120083696727

(I would have copied and pasted the image but I don't know if I need permission to do that.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
It would probably be better than what you have. Sauder is one of the better cheap do it yourself brands of office furniture so you may be OK.

Reaction score
I don't know about the desk complimenting the mac, but I do think your mac will compliment that desk.

I really should be sleeping, but I can't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I'll have to agree with Majicdragon on this. If the desk was Black that would compliment the Mac a little better. The other option is a desk with aluminum hardware and a glass top! It's not my style but I think a Mac looks pretty good on something like that.

Reaction score
Not a desk Apple would use in their ads, if that's what you want to know. A bit brown.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I used to have that same desk, with a cabinet on the top instead of shelves. Hated it. Big, heavy, overpowering. However, if you put the drawer on the bottom of the pullout, desk space is never an issue.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, if cost is an issue, that desk seems cheap. i would not say complimentary.

i agree with bry3, if you can spend a few more bucks, and you have an ikea near by, you should check it out, they've got a lot of inexpensive desks.

or just get a lapdesk:

382492314_a16ed4528c.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
I have this desk, and I feel my iMac looks good on it because it fits in JUST under the top shelf. Its more expensive than the one youre looking at, but if youre going to be using it at school, you're really going to be using it a lot.

Ikea Jerker Desk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
off topic...which uw? uw madison? river falls? eau claire?(my g/f goes to eau claire and im transfering out there this coming fall)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'd say a definite no. The Ikea / glass ideas are what I would go with.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
off topic...which uw? uw madison? river falls? eau claire?(my g/f goes to eau claire and im transfering out there this coming fall)

UW-Milwaukee. Go Panthers!

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have this one I paid a bit more but its on sale lately. And those cheesy shelves on the sides dont have to be put on. I put one on the inside for CD & DVD storage.

That isn't a bad price at all actually. And it's real nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I'm going to have to go with everyone else. Black definitely doesn't go with brown. Also, I really don't like Sauder furniture. It's more expensive than the rest of the chip-board furniture, and I don't think it holds up as well.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
attachment.php

Personally, I think my MacBook and the new desk go very well together.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.