• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why I like this forum

Reaction score
Everyone is so welcoming. No one is over obbessive with the reputation system and the forum is just so well layed out!

I love this forum :)

M

MacHeadCase

Aw shucks that's great 'cause we like you too.
icon10.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Its the reason ive stuck around this forum, nearly all the people are really welcoming, genuinly want to help but at the same time, are realistic and enjoy a good chat and laugh :)

Long live MF!

~~ TS ~~

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
community is easily as important as information here. to the members and mods who make that happen not only day to day, but literally on a minute to minute basis most of the time, thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Definitely one of the best online communities I've found - loads of useful info - friendly people and a nice mix of info and random chit-chat.

Great place!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I like it not just because of the friendliness but also how helpful many have been, and that is a God send when you are new to an operating system like I was, ahem, still am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah it is a great place, for support, or just general discussion.

OP
Mort_Infinatis
Reaction score
Like it used to say in my sig. I am an off topic dweller. And this forum is the best place to do all of that. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I like it not just because of the friendliness but also how helpful many have been, and that is a God send when you are new to an operating system like I was, ahem, still am.

Ditto! Absolutely the best place to be. But as I'm warning everyone, it is quite addicting, so beware. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I know I got a great welcome here, and on another Mac forum, that had a lot of RUMORS (hint hint) I didn't get any welcome, and got ran off with pitchforks in had because I did something to a Vista computer. I like this forum much better!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have to agree. I was an active member on HondaPilot.org (when I used to drive one) and that was a great forum. This one is even better. There are absolutely no arrogant members who like to start arguments and people are genuinely interested in helping out and welcoming switchers/new members.

I have to say that as much as I like my MacBook, this forum is one of the best facets of Mac ownership.

A great deal of that is not only due to the quality of the membership, but also of the moderation. Mods are definitely on top of the threads here and are quick to cool down those who get hot-headed. The reputation system is also very well thought-out and acts as an effective deterrent to those who would be arrogant and rude.

Overall, this is a great place to be, so much so that it's the only Mac forum I've cared to join. There's really no reason to go elsewhere!

Reaction score
I too agree ... at the present moment Mac-Forums is much nicer than when I first joined.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
This is perhaps the friendliest forum I've ever been a part of. I think that's largely in part to the fact that the forum rules are properly enforced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.