Publication program...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Hello,

I am currently putting together a literary magazine for our community. I just recently bought a MBP. I was wondering what are the best programs for publishing? I can always use InDesign in a Windows boot, but I would prefer not.

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
You may want to talk to the person/company that will print the magazine, IMHO it is better to use what they have.

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I was told by the graphic designer that is helping us out that we can simply put it into a .pdf and they will work with that. However, I need a program to actually design it on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I have used InDesing for a little project and it is great, if you already have it i would recommend you to use it, it has all the tools and all the flexibility you may need. Even if you have to use Windows, InDesing is the best option in my opinion.
If you don't want to use InDesign, just go for the program with which you are more comfortable. Whether it is Pages, Word or TextEdit the moment you export it to PDF it will keep the layout and text from your original design. Just remember to keep a copy of the original images/photos and give him/her those (even if you are using InDesign).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
If you own the windows version of InDesign, contact Adobe support and tell them you switched from a windows platform. They will allow you to switch for the cost of shipping the MAC version of the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
If you're used to using InDesign, stick with it (I actually think it's much better than Quark)!

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the input :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.