Selective File Transfer Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm going to be transferring my files from a PowerBook G4 to my new MacBook Pro. Does the file transfer software allow you to select which files you want to transfer, or is it all or nothing? Here is why, my PBG4 has Virtual PC with Windows XP Pro installed, but I don't want to transfer that to the the MBPro since I plan on using Parallels, I do want to transfer everything else though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally haven't used the Migration Assistant, but even if it can't do what you want, you can always just hook the two laptops up via Ethernet and just drag everything from one to the other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I personally haven't used the Migration Assistant, but even if it can't do what you want, you can always just hook the two laptops up via Ethernet and just drag everything from one to the other.

What he said

Or you could connect via firewire i think, not sure though

Or a portable media device such a portable HDD or DVD's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.