• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Body Mods?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Sorry, not talking about hardware case mods!

Just thought it would be cool for people to show off their tattoos and piercings and any interesting background info you may have on them aswell.

I really like tattoos but haven't, as yet, found one I definitely want - And the missus is not keen on them either... I'm currently designing one for a friend aswell.

As for piercings I have a 10mm stretched lobe (left), an "Orbital" lobe (right) and a tongue bar. No pics here at work but I'll put some up soon - if there's any interest in this subject that is...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
had an earing in college. had a nosering for a few years in my 20s.

i've contemplated a tat for a while, but was never sure what i could live with forever. now i think it would be something to do with my son (now 2 1/2 yo), but as i am a hairy beast it may not make much sense anyway.

btw moss, i think it's a good subject!

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Something to do with your son is probably a good idea, won't go regretting that one. The tattoo I'm gonna be designing (once I get the spec) is to be based on my friends life so far. So all the people, places, and experiences that, mean a lot to him. Then I'm designing another for him in 10years time and then again 10 years after that to end up as a full sleeve.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
I've got a helix (upper ear) piercing. Comes from a chapter in Exodus. Thinking about getting a Tatoo as well, but I have the same problem. Haha, can't think of something I won't regret when I'm old and wrinkly.

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
ive only got my left ear lobe pierced
would like to strech it but my mum will kill me if i do ahaha
and also what will i look lyk when im 50 with a saggy ear :D

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Comes from a chapter in Exodus

How do you mean, does it have a quote on it?

what will i look lyk when im 50 with a saggy ear

That's why mine is only 10mm, apparently thats the largest you can go and be sure it'll shrink back down. That differs from person to person though, I'm pretty sure i could go a bit bigger and still be ok. If it's gonna cause problems it's probably best not to but you could get it stretched and have a plug inserted so it isn't obvious - But that won't work if it's 1 or 2 inches!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
had an earing in college. had a nosering for a few years in my 20s.

i've contemplated a tat for a while, but was never sure what i could live with forever. now i think it would be something to do with my son (now 2 1/2 yo), but as i am a hairy beast it may not make much sense anyway.

btw moss, i think it's a good subject!

Here's an alternate option if tattoos aren't for you. I guess it's not permanent either...Hehe. Just for you Eric!

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Would be better if it wasn't back to front.
Mirrors... so confusing.

Reaction score
I plan on getting a shoulder/back tat either this summer or next.

i'm going to have a black dragon on my right shoulder and a white tiger on my left with a ying-yang just above the center of my back then tribal wraping around all 3 with the shoulders connecting to the ying-yang.

if I were any good at photoshop I could show what it's suppose to look like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's why mine is only 10mm, apparently thats the largest you can go and be sure it'll shrink back down.

I thourght it was 8mm that was the max
its amazing how your body can strech tho :D

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I think it depends who you speak to. Mine loosens up a little every now and then , I just leave it out overnight and its pretty tight by the morning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I've never really considered getting a tattoo, outside of the running joke I have with an ex girlfriend. If either of us get tattoos, the first one we get has to be dueling dragons forming a helix up the spine, going over the shoulders, and finally biting down on the nipple (not sure if that will be edited, if it's offensive, sorry!).

Yeah... I don't think I'm ever really going to do that. And the whole 'shoving interesting bits of metal through my flesh' thing isn't really my cup of tea either. Maybe later, but not right now.

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Some photos of my (surprisingly hairy) lobes:

untitled1.jpg

Reaction score
I've never really considered getting a tattoo, outside of the running joke I have with an ex girlfriend. If either of us get tattoos, the first one we get has to be dueling dragons forming a helix up the spine, going over the shoulders, and finally biting down on the nipple (not sure if that will be edited, if it's offensive, sorry!).

Yeah... I don't think I'm ever really going to do that. And the whole 'shoving interesting bits of metal through my flesh' thing isn't really my cup of tea either. Maybe later, but not right now.

that would be an awesome tat, but I dunno about going to the front chest tho maybe a long the collar bone would be kinda sweet too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
What, no Apple logos? And you call yourself Mac users! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
If I ever get a tattoo, it is going to be of the Duct Tape duck. I've always thought that would be cool.

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I've been considering this but with a more personal message / quote. Incase you aren't familiar with the Manics (one of my favourites) it's the cover of their 1st album which features their (now missing / dead) songwriter Ritchey James Edwards

The original tattoo reads "Useless Generation"

Generation terrorists.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
I've got a septum piercing and well... that's about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.