• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just Bought my 4th Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Well, after much mind debating I just bought a MacBook Pro Core Duo 2 2.16ghz 120 gig HD. So I'll be selling my 15 inch PowerBook G4. Most likely I'll put it on eBay, I know this portion of the post should go in the buy/sell section but give me an idea what it is worth, here is the unit. PowerBook G4 15 inch 80 gig HD, 1.5 gig ram AppleCare extra battery, extra power supply and I'll throw in Virtual PC with Windows XP Pro. The G4 has one very very small scratch that you could not see unless it was pointed out. I also have all of the origional boxes etc.

So here is the line up at my house:
Wife: iMac Intel 20 inch
Son: iMac G4
Me: New MacBook Pro :)

So far at work I have been able to convert 3 others to get Mac's

M

MacHeadCase

Oh my! Dillinger is on a roll!
icon10.gif

Congrats man!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Congrats on the new Mac.

As for a price on the PB, theres one on ebay, a 15in 1.25ghz, 80gb, 1GB RAM for $900, which I think is a little steep, but you can probably get somewhere close to that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
congrats dillinger....i know im putting my powerbook up for sale as well...good luck with the sale and the new computer
-chris

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Congrats on the new Mac.

As for a price on the PB, theres one on ebay, a 15in 1.25ghz, 80gb, 1GB RAM for $900, which I think is a little steep, but you can probably get somewhere close to that.

Mine is the 1.67 ghz. I might offer it here first to save those eBay listing fees, but if there are no ahem, "honest" takers/payers then it will go on eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
congrats on your 4th mac

So far at work I have been able to convert 3 others to get Mac's
I converted my mum into gettin a mac :D she doesnt understand the first thing about computers but seems to understand macs
Should be able to convert a few others soon as well

OP
Dillinger-63
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I'm still awaiting shipment. I bought it off of a Power Seller on eBay. He has 652 transactions with a 99.2% positive so I'm sure I'm pretty safe. The price was right too. He had it listed for 8 minutes before I came across it. The "Buy It Now" was $1799.00 with free shipping, but he had a "Submit Best Offer" so I offered him $1700.00 and he accepted it. I'm a bit nervous until I get that email with the FedEx tracking number. I have been scammed on eBay once before but as I said with over 650 transactions and a Power Seller rating I'm pretty sure I'm safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
i want your powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i have converted my grandfather, mother, and aunt to get Macs. they loved it as soon as they tried mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Congrats, dillinger. The MBP is awesome. I've had my 17" C2D MBP since Tuesday, and I'm loving it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.