Deleting a partition

Reaction score
I'm having problems deleting a partition. I created it using bootcamp but reformatted it to work with a Mac OS. Now, when I try to open bootcamp, it gives me an error saying the partition is already used up. So using bootcamp to delete it is out of the equation. Any suggestions? BTW, I went into disk utility but there was no "delete" only an "erase" which left it there.

Reaction score
You may have to re- format the whole disk to solve it but have you tried booting from the OSX install disk and then deleting it with 'Disk utility' ?

OP
B
Reaction score
I saw no "delete" button to press. All i had was to erase it and put a new format on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally figured it out. For everyone who might get this problem. Erase the partition you want to delete and format it to MS-DOS(FAT). This will allow bootcamp to load since it is a microsoft partition. From there, you can restore to a single HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
So by partitioning my HD to work with boot camp I won't fry the HD and leave a permanently partitioned HD? I was worried that if I run boot camp then I'll have to scrap my HD and except the fact that I now have a MS and mac on the HD and if I decide bootcamp sucks then oh well. This is false and it is safe to partition?

Reaction score
Yes, you can just delete the partition so long as you use the boot camp assistant and not any other program.

Glad you got it sorted babolatpdtp :eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.