mp3 file downsizing software

Reaction score
hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of software for the mac that lets you make your mp3 files smaller. I'm trying to upload some songs onto myspace, but the files are too big and I need to make them smaller if I can.

If anyone knows of any programs that do this that would be so helpful. I've been looking on google for ages. I found loads for the PC, but nothing really for mac.

thanks a lot for your time :blind:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
iTunes should be able to do it for ya :)

Go into the settings for importing, change the bit rate to something lower then already set at (192/128/64) then find the songs in Itunes, right click and go "Convert to"

~~ TS ~~

OP
S
Reaction score
iTunes should be able to do it for ya :)

Go into the settings for importing, change the bit rate to something lower then already set at (192/128/64) then find the songs in Itunes, right click and go "Convert to"

~~ TS ~~

Hi there, thanks a lot for the suggestion. Unfortunately that only works if you're importing songs from an actual CD. :( The MP3 files I have are ones that I have downloaded from places like KAZAA and other music websites. So I'm not actually importing them from a CD if you know what I mean :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Hi there, thanks a lot for the suggestion. Unfortunately that only works if you're importing songs from an actual CD. :( The MP3 files I have are ones that I have downloaded from places like KAZAA and other music websites. So I'm not actually importing them from a CD if you know what I mean :/

You can convert them in iTunes without having to import them from a CD.

OP
S
Reaction score
right you are! got it now!

so sorry, TenderSurrender. My sincere apologies. :eek:neye:

thanks a lot guys. Have a good weekend!

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Glad you got it sorted sharpie :)

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.