New Mac User

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone 3G / PowerMac G4 Dual 450 MHz 80GB 256MB / 30GB 5G iPod Black
After reading the Vista EULA last week, I finally got fed up enough to buy my first Mac. I picked up a used 14" iBook 1.33 GHz with 17 months of AppleCare left from ebay. It arrived yesterday and I'm ecstatic. I'm learning to feel my way around OS X, but I already like it. It feels a lot like Linux with all the rough edges smoothed out. If I enjoy using this, I will replace my desktop Winblows machine with a Mac and eventually pick up a new MacBook to replace the iBook. So far I am very pleased! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Well, I am glad you like it. OS X is a very stable operating system which need minimum system maintenance. Once you started using it, you will spend more time on productive work rather than on system maintenance or restarting the machine. It is based on Unix/BSD, so it looks very much like Linux.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Congratulations and welcome!

I've had my Macbook for over a month and am still very pleased. Just try to remember the classic advice "OS X is different to Windows: try to learn the OS X way of doing things instead of trying to make it work like Windows" and you'll be loving it.

These are some helpful threads -

Click here!

And here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Welcome to the world of Mac. I'm sure you'll find new treasure every day. I'm a recent switcher too... so excited about using my Mac and I find great stuff each day. I'm reading The Missing Manual and there's so much to learn. Mac machines are really a pleasure to use!

Reaction score
Grats on the change and welcome to the forum. What about the Vista EULA got under your skin, if I may ask?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone 3G / PowerMac G4 Dual 450 MHz 80GB 256MB / 30GB 5G iPod Black
I didn't like the fact that the new EULA basically makes your purchase of Vista a lease, or the malicious software removal passage, which gives MS the right to remove "unwanted" software from your machine. There are other examples, but these are two of the more egregious ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.