Insert Hyperlink?

Reaction score
I wanted to insert a hyperlink in an email but couldn't figure out how to do it. I tried copy and paste but that didn't appear to give me a hyperlink either. Searching mail help and this site yielded nothing. Am I having another "duh" moment? Wrong terminology? What am I missing? Thanks.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
are you making sure to add the http:// in front of the link?

Reaction score
G'day granpita,

This appears to be confusing and difficult at first, but if you just copy/paste the link and send your email it will work at the other end for the recipient.

Just check in your sent messages folder for the email just sent and open it, you will see that the link is workable.

Don't worry this got me and quite a few others, I'm sure....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I wanted to insert a hyperlink in an email but couldn't figure out how to do it. I tried copy and paste but that didn't appear to give me a hyperlink either. Searching mail help and this site yielded nothing. Am I having another "duh" moment? Wrong terminology? What am I missing? Thanks.

As Pulse-8 said the person that gets the email should be able to get the hyperlink.. for fun you could test it by sending yourself an email :)

Reaction score
If you go to Edit>Add Hyperlink and type or copy/paste the hyperlink into the text box, it appears as a proper link in the message body. Or at least it did for my test then.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ahah! It WAS a "duh" after all. I don't know how I missed that. I'm going to go bang my head against the wall now. Thank you.

Reaction score
I don't think this method works for users / recipients. I have had several people say they could click on it or it wasn't there, maybe a yahoo mail thing. Although its a good question because apple should add an icon on the toolbar to simplify this. They could let you paste a link that you have copied (by apple button + C) then click the icon and it will assign a generic text such as "Link" and assign your pasted link from the clipboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
And if you want to turn some text into a hyperlink just follow the same steps WITH some text highlighted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.