• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why me??

T

todd51

I just don't understand, I got stuck in the worst house full of kids that drink constantly and keep me up, then I get the worst room in the basement. Aside from the countless number of leaks I get from the bathroom upstairs, the temperature decides to drop to about 10 degrees throughout the day.

One of my walls is just plywood that seperates me from the rock and dirt from underneath the front porch so I get a constant draft. I go to wal-mart to look for a simple space heater so I don't sit here typing with my nose running, and they are sold out :mad:

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest, not to mention all the school-work I have to get done.

OP
T

todd51

Oh yea forgot to mention that today I found a weird substance dripping from the kitchen ceiling into my food cabinet....siick,...I hate this sad life I'm living and I cant wait to move out of this horrible, horrible, place.

Reaction score
wow, that really sounds....terrible. never again will i complain about anything. I dont know how old you are, but you need to get out of there ASAP it sounds like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Oh yea forgot to mention that today I found a weird substance dripping from the kitchen ceiling into my food cabinet....siick,...I hate this sad life I'm living and I cant wait to move out of this horrible, horrible, place.

kind of sounds like my college house, only im one that drinks all the time and real loud, hey i guess thats why i chose to live with my roomates...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Hey, that sounds rough. Try not to worry about it too much though. We all go through tough times.
If it makes you feel any better, I have a debt that makes our national deficit look like chump change. (**** medical bills, credit cards, and student loans).
And to make matters worse, I barely make enough money to scrape by after paying off minimum payments, rent, gas, and utilities.
The way I cope with it... crack cocaine...
Am I serious?
You decide.

Seriously though, hang in there. We all have to go through some sh*t in order to reach paradise.

OP
T

todd51

wow, that really sounds....terrible. never again will i complain about anything. I dont know how old you are, but you need to get out of there ASAP it sounds like.

I'm 21 (22 in March) and I will more than likely be living here throughout the summer. The GOOD thing is that once it gets to be warmer weather, I'll just have to live in the hot, than in the cold. Also all the roomates will probably move out to go back home for the summer, in which one of the upstairs bedrooms will be open, so I can move up there and acutally have carpet instead of a concrete cold floor.

OP
T

todd51

I'm mainly a little ticked off since we had one kid stay here for only 1 semester of school, and we pretty much LET him live with us since we had an extra bedroom, and he said he would just take the one left over.

Somehow he convinced the other roomates that he got a draw in rooms, so I ended up getting the worst card and therefor having to live in the stupid basement.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Move, it is in your own interests and mental health. There is nothing worse than living somewhere you hate. You can either move or accept but if you dont it will drive you crazy.

OP
T

todd51

Move, it is in your own interests and mental health. There is nothing worse than living somewhere you hate. You can either move or accept but if you dont it will drive you crazy.

I would but I agreed to this lease and I would have no where else to move too. There is one other roomate who I'm good friends with and will be getting an apartment with next year. He knows how I feel about the whole drinking thing becuase he got kept up all night Saturday night (I went back to my hometown) so all I have to do is stick it out until July.

I just hope this cold weather goes away QUICKLY!

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Not only that but you could become seriously ill. There's no telling just how toxic that dripping liquid is and cold like that isn't very good for the body. Pneumonia and stuff like that. Move out of there todd. Or make a formal complaint if the building belongs to the college you go to.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
the last thing you need while studying is depression.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i would have found someplace else to stay the second i found i had to live there....remember to make the best of the worst things in your life and at least make it bearable....once you are fifty and have kids you will be able to look back and joke with them and never let them complain abou ttheir apartments
-chris

OP
T

todd51

Yea i figure I have put up with it so FAR, it's only about 2 months away from decently warm weather. The whole food in the cabinet situation should be solved, I disinfected it and threw away everything that was open.

I really just needed someone to let loose to, thanks guys! I'm already feeling better.

EDIT: Just found out I'm going to go start watching a movie with the one good roomate, haha. After a couple hours of studying for physics, I need it.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
As they say in Japan, Gunbatte!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.