• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning Real Media .rm Files To DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White Macbook 2.0Ghz
Hi there i'm new to the forums as you can see.

I have a bunch of files in .rm and .avi format that i want to burn to dvd so that i can watch them on a regular player. Using this great forum you have here i have figured out a few different ways to burn the .avi's to dvd, but i have had no luck finding anything on the .rm files.

Does anyone know how i can do it? imovie doesn't like them and ffmpeg doesn't like them either.

There must be a way..

Any help welcome

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Found this - converts .rm to mp3 or avi, which you could then get to DVD

Not found any free apps yet that do what you're looking for.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White Macbook 2.0Ghz
Thanks very much for that looks like good info i'll try it out tonight and see how i go..

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
idk about free but toast 8 titanium maybe able to...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.