• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

XM web player problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core Duo 1.83ghz 1gb ram 80gb HD
Has anyone tried listening to the XM player through their site on your mac either through safari or firefox? I tried and it couldnt find the correct mime plugin. Did XM screw up by not making their player mac friendly? I haven't had much time to investigate but if anyone has had a similar issue, let me know!
Nate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
You need to install Flip4Mac and WMV Player. Now I don't recall everything I did, but when I go to the XM page and start the player, it runs through Quicktime. This isn't perfect. Assuming you're on a broadband connection, you need to let it buffer for 5 or so seconds, and then hit the play button.

I first did this through Firefox, and it worked. At the moment I'm doing this through Safari, and it still works.

Hope this helps. If you can't get things working, I'll try to recreate my steps for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.