view windows that are open

Reaction score
so this might seem like a dumb question to some more experienced mac users but here it goes...so I'm not sure what combo of keys I hit, but when they were pressed, I had a small thumbnail view of the 4 safari windows that were open. I cannot reproduce this for the life of me, anyone know what I did and how to do it again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you have Exposé activated, all you need to do is press F10 to cycle through an application's windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
On my computer, it came as F9 being the Expose key. You can go to System Preferences -> Dashboard & Expose -> and set the key or hot corner you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
On my computer, it came as F9 being the Expose key. You can go to System Preferences -> Dashboard & Expose -> and set the key or hot corner you want.
Exposé is the name of the function. A quick breakdown of the ways you can use it are:

F9 = All windows from all applications open
F10 = All windows from the application in focus
F11 = Show Desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I haven't touched the function key settings, but F10 does nothing on mine. F7 and F10 are dead.

Reaction score
Exposé is the name of the function. A quick breakdown of the ways you can use it are:

F9 = All windows from all applications open
F10 = All windows from the application in focus
F11 = Show Desktop

These all work on my macbook pros

Expose' is great.... IF you remember that it is there!!

Some of us windows users and so used to wanting it and not having it that we are not using it as it could be used....or maybe that is just me!! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.