Mapped two shares but they keep popping up on login.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
Hi Gang,

I followed previously posted instructions on how to map my volume to my Login so that it autmatically mounts them when I login to my machine. My question is, I have the "Hide" box checked and when I login the volumes are mounted and expanded where I have to close them each time. Its a nusiance but not a big big deal. Anyone know how to keep OS X mounting the volumes and keep from having them expanded when you login?

Thanks!

Reaction score
G'day jprez1980,

I have the same thing with mounted shares opening as windows on my desktop at login. I can't offer a solution to this but one handy tip if you have more than one mapped share is to press & hold the Option key then press the key combination of Command + W. This will close those open windows faster than you can say "Frank Burns Eats Worms".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You may want to use an Apple Script to open then close the window... list the Apple Script in the "Login Items"... I have done this with Mail and iTunes... It works great for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.