Could i use this adapter on my mac?

Reaction score
I'm new to using a mac, i know mac has somekinda way of reading apliances when you insert a cord into a port. But i don't really know any of the limitations. Could someone explain this to me?

Could i use this on my mac? it is used to attach a Playstation controller into your usb port and let you play games with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...EWA:BID&viewitem=&item=330083884330&rd=1&rd=1

from the ad, "It supports Dual player games (Win95/98/ME/2000/XP)"

-Nick Meyer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
Based on the requirements the auction states (Windows XP, 2000, etc) I'd say probably not. You would have a better chance running that adapter under Windows XP in BootCamp or under Parallels IMO.

I purchased a Logitech Joystick from Frys for $14.99 and it works just fine on here. I don't know if I'd risk purchasing it from eBay since you can't really take it back if it doesn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I dont see why it wouldnt work if you got the mac drivers for it as its just supporting the ps2 port type in effect, so you are virtually plugging it into a normal usb
However i would see if anyone else has tried this before you purchase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I have a Playstation>USB Adapter that I bought at The Source a few years ago. Works like a charm on my Mac's for playign SNES roms. No drivers/config was required, just plug and play.

I can't say the same for this one, as I've never used it.

Reaction score
I have a Playstation>USB Adapter that I bought at The Source a few years ago. Works like a charm on my Mac's for playign SNES roms. No drivers/config was required, just plug and play.

I can't say the same for this one, as I've never used it.

Same with my gamecube one

Only just found out about the 360 controllers a couple of days ago, quite excited about the wireless USB adaptor for PC coming out on the 16th, but by the time you've bought a pad, the adaptor and a play&charge kit, you're talking £50. No guarantee it'll work on the mac either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.