• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

You know you have made the switch when...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Today I was at the kitchen table and I went to use the Windows laptop for a second while I was waiting for something. When I was done what I was doing, I went to close the window and I went to the left side of the bar instead of the right.

It made me chuckle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I do that all the time at work. That and trying to an Apple+C for copy vice Control+C....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
yea. when i use windows PC's. i always go to the top left for the minimize/close the window. i am also so used to using Quicksilver. tha i cant function on a PC anymore,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
I do that on my friend's comp. I keep double clicking the top bar to minimize a window, and instead it maximizes :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
heh... I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the few times i use my wife's laptop i always try to two finger tap and two finger scroll on her trackpad. grrrrrrrr!

i don;t have a lot of issues at work other than this...
____/\ semicolon problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm always trying to Expose on a windows, and I get mad when it doesnt work. Then I realize I'm using inferior software.

T

todd51

I was helping a roomate out today with his wireless connection on his PC, I think he counted about 6 or 7 times when I would go to the upper left corner to find his Airport signal, instead of going down to the bottom right like in windows. :mac:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I was helping a roomate out today with his wireless connection on his PC, I think he counted about 6 or 7 times when I would go to the upper left corner to find his Airport signal, instead of going down to the bottom right like in windows. :mac:

i have it in the top right on windows... ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

actually, the biggest pain when i have it this way is that it shrinks on me from "three wide" to "two wide" on logon/reboot. every single time. it's like windows is struggling to not make it easy for me to use it in any way like a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
I knew I had finally made the switch when I opened up my girlfriend's laptop and had to wait 3 minutes for it to come out of hibernate. Tears were involved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i relized i switched when i didnt get popups every 10 minutes saying updaqes are ready to be installed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Today I was at the kitchen table and I went to use the Windows laptop for a second while I was waiting for something. When I was done what I was doing, I went to close the window and I went to the left side of the bar instead of the right.

It made me chuckle.

I do that almost every time. (I double-click the little icon to close each window.)

I've used Windows for years; I use Windows every day at work for hours on end; I probably spend as much time in front of a PC as I do in front of my Mac. But I can't get used to it. I keep putting my thumb on the Alt key when I need the CTRL key and closing applications when I only meant to close the current document. And I've gone to extraordinary lengths to make the DOS prompt understand Unix commands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
i relized i switched when i didnt get popups every 10 minutes saying updaqes are ready to be installed

More like every 3 seconds. "New updates are ready to install," close that, I don't care. "Keep your computer up to date," close that, I DON'T CARE! "Windows has detected you saved something, it has been deleted," like you needed to tell me that. "A system crash will occur in 5," close it "A system crash will occur in 4," close it. "A system crash will occur in 3," close it. "A system crash will occur in 2," close it and walk away. "Your system has crashed, that is why you cannot see anything but a blue screen and this annoying box" (tries to close but jumps off a cliff.)

M

MacHeadCase

AHHHAHAHA That is hilarious, cherry!
icon14.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I think that guy did a great job! It even went straight to the recycle bin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
At college when using the PCs, I always go to the Apple key for closing tabs in firefox, copying, pasting etc instead of control, then pausing a while before realising nothing happened because there is no Apple key!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.