"Mainmenu" as start up item...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Hi just need a little assistance.

I downloaded Mainmenu for running the maintenance tasks, when open the app just sits in the menu bar alongside the bluetooth icon.

I added it to my start-up items but the next time I started up it wasn't in the menu bar. So i added it once more, un-checked "hide" and and rebooted to see if it was still there - and it was.

That was yesterday, today on start-up it's missing once more...

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

M

MacHeadCase

I've never tried installing it in my startup items. I just keep it in my dock and launch it when I need it so wouldn't know of this behaviour.

Maybe you could email the developer and ask for this added feature in the next version. Just go back to the site (in case you don't remember where you downloaded it, the link is in the MainMenu section the last section in the drop-down menu when MainMenu is activated). There is a feedback link on his website.

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Thanks for the reply MacHeadCase,

I didn't realise it had to be a feature of the app itself, seems a little strange that it did work once but never mind - Looks like I'll keep it in the dock for now.

Thanks again!

OP
moss918
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to MacHeadCase again"

Whats that all about? When did I last give you a rep MHC? Can't say I haven't tried...

M

MacHeadCase

LOL

I dunno about your rep giving habits.
icon10.gif

What you could ask the developer in your email to him is why he thinks his program doesn't stick in the startup items and stay on. Maybe he has an idea what can be done or is very interested in finding out.

In the Mac world dealing with indie developers like this is a real joy! Those guys are for the most part friendly and most helpful. Now the big boys like Adobe, Logitech, etc. that's entirely a different matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.