• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Playstation 3!!

Reaction score
I just got a 60GB PS3!! It is great! I have it hooked up to my 46" LCD HDTV via hdmi and it rules!!

I will post pictures later...

EDIT: Pictures Added:
img1792ds5.jpg

img1793ql0.jpg

SORRY about them being so big...

Reaction score
congrats i guess. No clue why you made a thread about it. IMO wii60 is better. But i guess each to his own. Id like to see some pics, cuz im a geek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I have a PS3 and it has been collecting dust since I got it. There are no good games that are out for it now and there won't be till MGS4 is out. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
PS3 is not as good as x360. the contrller doent even have a rumble feature. and that just plain sucks

Reaction score
congrats i guess. No clue why you made a thread about it. IMO wii60 is better. But i guess each to his own. Id like to see some pics, cuz im a geek

wii60 ? like, nintendo and microsoft are together now :p ?

And this is a great thread.

Best. Thread. Ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
Wii60 is having a x360, and a Wii

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I have a PS3 and it has been collecting dust since I got it. There are no good games that are out for it now and there won't be till MGS4 is out. :(

I agree, I beat Call or Duty 3, Resistance: Fall of Man, and now it just sits because the other games out right now STINK! C'mon MGS4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Im glad that u have the luxury of such a great console
WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN THE UK

PS3 is not as good as x360. the contrller doent even have a rumble feature. and that just plain sucks

Yeah this is a bit of a downside to the console, however i dont see the xbox 360 having tilt sensors in its pads
The gameplay if this is used to its full potential is immense
I rekon i will get one around next christmas as i cant afford £450 but hopefully i will get a job between then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
My friend has a PS3, and I have to admit, I do miss the rumble feature. However, I think I can live without it.
The PS3 reminds me of the Nintendo DS launch. For a while, the DS had a very poor line up of games. Now the DS is the hottest thing out there.
I'm not saying the same is happening to the PS3, but usually a system's launch has pretty mediocre games to begin with. I remember I was disappointed with the 360 cause there were no good games for it at launch. Now, I couldn't be happier with the 360 especially after games like Splinter Cell, Dead Rising, and Rainbow 6 Vegas came out.
Hopefully the PS3 will release some great games in the near future. I don't own one yet, but will definately get one once Gran Turismo 5 and MGS4 come out.
I just hope the PS3 doesn't head the same direction as the PSP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
hmmm im really standing back on this one, but i do think that xbox live is by far the best online service, and that could tilt is for microsoft in the console battle

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ugh. why do people have to pee all over someone's happy-fun-parade by saying things about what consoles they think are better?

EDIT-XTREEM, enjoy it! it is a great machine that you will have tons of fun with especially as more and more software is made for it. i want one myself for sure! i'm just waiting for GT5! ;)

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz

Thats the same here, at the moment in Japan there are just 10 games out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Thats the same here, at the moment in Japan there are just 10 games out.

Exactly. I was going to pick up Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 but now that it's also coming out for the 360 I will get it for that system because I like having the rumble feature!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.