33-1/3 to iTunes via Numark USB & WireTap

Reaction score
I am using a Mac OS X Version 10.4.8 Computer, along with a Numark USB Turntable TTUSB, along with WireTap Pro from Ambrosia
I have yet to learn how to operate this equipment the way it was intended.*
The WireTap I just got has not yet been registered, must see if I can understand its operation first. Trying to copy many 33-1/3 records.*
When I click on the Record button, I now get a
the following message = (Running Out of Scratch Disk Space) Free up some space or choose a different scratch disk.
What are they referring too? I am not so bright on this new technology.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The scratch disc is where the program will store data (on a hard drive) until the recording is complete. When the recording is done it will move it all to the designated location you have chosen. By default the scratch disc will be the drive that the program is running on. It's telling you it needs more space to use while your recording.

You can change it in WireTap by choosing WIRETAP> PREFS > GENERAL > SCRATCH FILE LOCATION and moving it to a different hard drive.

On a side note, I use Sound-Studio instead of WireTap for Vinyl recordings and I use a Griffin USB iMic to take the audio out form my stereo unit (which has the phonograph attached to it) to my Mac. WireTap will record ANY sound your Mac makes while it's running, Sound-Studio will only take sounds from the designated input source.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.