AirPort Extreme, and D-Link Wireless Router?

Oz3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook - 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2GB RAM - 80 GB HD
Aite, I got an iBook...and I wanna know if I get an AirPort Extreme card, will it be able to work with my 802.11g D-Link Router? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
yep it will work fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Oz3 said:
Aite, I got an iBook...and I wanna know if I get an AirPort Extreme card, will it be able to work with my 802.11g D-Link Router? Thanks

I had a similar concern when I first bought my iBook and wanted to connect it to my Linksys wireless network. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was easier to setup my Mac on the network than it was with my PC laptop that was actually using a Linksys card.

A

adam80

Thats exactly what im doing, I use my 12" powerbook with airport extreme with my dlink dl-524 802.11g wireless router and it works great.

P

Perniks

adam80 said:
Thats exactly what im doing, I use my 12" powerbook with airport extreme with my dlink dl-524 802.11g wireless router and it works great.

I'm doing the same thing, and my new G5 is responding tot he signals- but the thing is, it isn't getting great signals and it also isn't being recognized by the PC's as part of the network. Isn't there a way that i can add the G5 to the PC network?

P

PowerbookG417

you need to make sure that the domain you are using on the pc is called WORKGROUP i believe or whatever the standard domain settings is for 2000 server..ill update later when im at home, by default XP will make the domain MSHOME forsome reason the mac wont show up with that domain i found this out when setting up my 2000 server at home i was able to see the powerbook in the server but not on xp machines..check'd settings and changed my domain and now my powerbook will show up under the network neighbourhood icon on the desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
PowerbookG417 said:
you need to make sure that the domain you are using on the pc is called WORKGROUP i believe or whatever the standard domain settings is for 2000 server..ill update later when im at home, by default XP will make the domain MSHOME forsome reason the mac wont show up with that domain i found this out when setting up my 2000 server at home i was able to see the powerbook in the server but not on xp machines..check'd settings and changed my domain and now my powerbook will show up under the network neighbourhood icon on the desktop

You can change the workgroup your mac is a member of by going to Applications > Utilities > Directory Access

Click the lock and unlock the settings, then select SMB and click CONFIGURE. The workgroup name can be changed there to match the name of your home network.

Jerry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.