Tab Key, Cycling

Reaction score
There is only one forum so far that I have visited where I can type my message then Tab to cycle down to the Submit New Thread. It doesn't work on this site, I have to use my touch pad or mouse and click on the Submit New Thread. Is there some command I can use to get out of the text field and Tab cycle to the Submit New Thread?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From a quick test, it seems as if the fields the tab function cycles through may be more related to the particular browser than the site you are on.

I primarily use Opera. It tabs from the Quick Reply screen to "Go Advanced" and does not tab to "Post Quick Reply". Once on the advanced posting page it does tab to "Submit Reply"

Both Firefox and Safari in the Quick Reply screen tab to "Post Quick Reply" and will not tab to "Go Advanced".

In my test, although did not write it all down, each of the three browsers from this same page, tab through different functions in a different order in each.

OP
BuzWeaver
Reaction score
From a quick test, it seems as if the fields the tab function cycles through may be more related to the particular browser than the site you are on.

I primarily use Opera. It tabs from the Quick Reply screen to "Go Advanced" and does not tab to "Post Quick Reply". Once on the advanced posting page it does tab to "Submit Reply"

Both Firefox and Safari in the Quick Reply screen tab to "Post Quick Reply" and will not tab to "Go Advanced".

In my test, although did not write it all down, each of the three browsers from this same page, tab through different functions in a different order in each.

Thanks! You are correct, in the Quick Reply Tab Cycling works fine, of course not all sites have quick reply and if you quote someone you can't cycle to the submit reply. :radioacti

OP
BuzWeaver
Reaction score
I borrowed one of our OS X training DVD's and with the help of the DVD I figured out how to get the cycle to work. Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse>Keyboard Access>All Controls. FTW!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.