imac help needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i mac.... G4..... 512 MB RAM....Tiger
i just upgraded my imac that is going on its 4th year. i bought OSX Tiger and did an erase and install. I bought ILife2006 and installed that. I upgraded my dsl connection to the best available.
Running Mac OSX 10.4.8
700 MHZ G4
512MB RAM
Bus speed 100 MHZ

the problem is my mac is slower that ever, which was the main reason i did all of this in the first place. Has web browsing for the past 3.5 years ruined my hard drive? I thought salvaging this once fantastic computer was worth it and am still holding on hoping someone will give me the quick fix I thought an erase and install would do. everything is slow, not just the internet. I currently have zero files. this is also my first time on the forum. your help would be great. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I hate to say it, but you might have been better off with an older version of Mac OS. The newer the version, the more resources it eats up. That is probably why you notice such a huge difference in speed. Tiger is just using more resources than the older version. There's not much getting around it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i mac.... G4..... 512 MB RAM....Tiger
i should be clear. it was slower than dirt right before i made the switch. can myspace and youtube mess things up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.