ram suggestions??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 1GB 120GB HD...soon to upgrade to 2GB of Ram
im looking into upgrading from 1gb to the full 2gb. do you guys know of any sites that have them for a good price???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
im looking into upgrading from 1gb to the full 2gb. do you guys know of any sites that have them for a good price???

Don't shop for RAM solely on price. Cheap memory can cause instability. I like Crucial.com - their memory is lifetime guaranteed, compatibility guaranteed and the price is usually just a few bucks over what you'd pay for generic memory.

OP
hairlesswookiee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 1GB 120GB HD...soon to upgrade to 2GB of Ram
Don't shop for RAM solely on price. Cheap memory can cause instability. I like Crucial.com - their memory is lifetime guaranteed, compatibility guaranteed and the price is usually just a few bucks over what you'd pay for generic memory.

thanks for the link!!! will be ordering next friday. sorry for the confusion, i wasnt saying i wanted the cheapest ram, but just wanted to know where i could find the lowest prices. i've always liked newegg for several years now, but they seem to have a limited choice of Mac products.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the link!!! will be ordering next friday. sorry for the confusion, i wasnt saying i wanted the cheapest ram, but just wanted to know where i could find the lowest prices. i've always liked newegg for several years now, but they seem to have a limited choice of Mac products.

I say that because a lot of people are buying this generic RAM at deep discounts and I've experienced instability using generic RAM. NewEgg is a great retailer, and you don't need to purchase RAM that is labeled "Apple compatible" specifically, just make sure you get the right type for your system.

I like Crucial because they are the retail arm of Micron, one of the "top-tier" memory manufacturers. They also guarantee compatibility, have very good customer service and a lifetime warranty. I also like NewEgg, but they don't guarantee compatibility. If you choose the wrong memory and wish to return it, they will charge you a restocking fee (unless it's defective).

Crucial is generally 10-20% more expensive than comparable generic memory, but I think it's worth the premium to know that any problems I have with my system are likely not related to the quality of my memory.

Just want to add, that I have absolutely NO affiliation with Crucial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
just for the record I go with crucial as well, they make fantastic ram.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is Corsair or PNY any good for a 24" core2duo iMac?
mikeylee

Both are high-quality, brand-names. I'd check out crucial.com too and see who has the better price. Either way, all three are premium brands.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.