Creepy error messages

J

jsquare

Hi there,

My Mac G4 dual 866 Quicksilver has been causing grief...

1) everytime it crashes, and I restart, when it SHOULD go to Disk First Aid, it INSTEAD tells me that Disk First Aid is unable to fix the problem, and that I should back up my information.

2) there is an empty folder in my trash (a Rescued Items from... folder) that it will not get rid of - it says that it contains items that are in use.

3) Neither DFA nor Norton will examine the disk... they both claim that they encountered errors that prevented them from completeing the tasks.

Has anyone seen similar probs, and had any luck fixing?

Let a brother know,
J

OP
B

Badger

jsquare said:
Hi there,

My Mac G4 dual 866 Quicksilver has been causing grief...

1) everytime it crashes, and I restart, when it SHOULD go to Disk First Aid, it INSTEAD tells me that Disk First Aid is unable to fix the problem, and that I should back up my information.

2) there is an empty folder in my trash (a Rescued Items from... folder) that it will not get rid of - it says that it contains items that are in use.

3) Neither DFA nor Norton will examine the disk... they both claim that they encountered errors that prevented them from completeing the tasks.

Has anyone seen similar probs, and had any luck fixing?

Let a brother know,
J

1 and 3 can be remedied by DiskWarrior. For 2 try starting from the Norton's CD and emptying the trash.
Badger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.