Lost all addresses! POOF! Gone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Finally made the Switch. Just opened the box only 5 days ago. Was tediously filling my new address book, when all of a sudden, the previous 30 entries went POOF! All GONE! What the heck happened? I'm nervous about inputting them again in fear of losing them again. What could I have done wrong???

Reaction score
Finally made the Switch. Just opened the box only 5 days ago. Was tediously filling my new address book, when all of a sudden, the previous 30 entries went POOF! All GONE! What the heck happened? I'm nervous about inputting them again in fear of losing them again. What could I have done wrong???

G'day Carleen & welcome to Mac-Forums.

I did some searching on the web and found a thread on another forum where a person was able to recover his lost Address Book data and thought it might help you. Here is the link:

http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache...S+X&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=au&client=firefox-a

I later found this:

Recover corrupted Address Book data with group info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
In Address Book, make sure that you've clicked on All under Group. It's possible that you set up a new address group by accidentally clicking the + key under Group and don't realize it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.