• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Well, I did it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz CoreDuo MacBook | Blue iPod Mini
After over 10 years with and working in the PC/Windows Industry I have ordered my first mac to get me started. Purchased a 2GHz Core Duo 13" Macbook from Apple's refurb store online. I can't wait until it arrives :) I'm only worried about two things at the moment:

1) I really hope it comes with iLife'06
2) I hope it's not all scratched and marked.. although I do understand that it is 'secondhand'.

Eitherway, i'm looking forward to owning my first Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
It will come with iLife'06 and I am pretty sure it won't be scratched and ugly. Also, welcome to Mac. I switched 6 months ago from using PC for 8 years. I have completely switched over to mac and have switched quite a few family members and friends over to mac. The ease of use and stability is great for any level user.

Currently I am waiting for my new mac from apple right now as well. I ordered a White 2Ghz core 2 duo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
Congratulations! I just got mine yesterday (same model, but not refurb). It's definitely different than what you're used to, but that's a good thing. :D

I think it should come with iLife '06 pre-installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Congratulations alanb!

Mine's a refurb with two minor blemishes. Otherwise it's beautiful. May you enjoy your new machine. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
congrats on ur purchase
i got the macbook u ordered. Just got it new tho rather than refurbished
ilife software rocks 2!!!
is it the cd/dvd version or dvd burner btw?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Congratulations on the new purchase, you'll be very satisfied! I have the same hardware (Mac Mini) and I love it, although I wish I had more RAM (I only have 512MB.)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz CoreDuo MacBook | Blue iPod Mini
Thanks for the replies!, according to UPS I should get it on Tuesday :)

Spec is 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512, 60GB, SuperDrive.

The RAM is a little on the low side I agree, however I can always upgrade this later..

I was on a tight budget also, hence the refurb, over here Apple's seem to be expensive :( I thought about buying from the US and getting it shipped over, however they then charge you tax when it comes into the UK, so it would have worked out the same in the end. (roughly)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.