• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

hats off to Apple customer service

Reaction score
Was having a problem with my two year old, out of warranty, imac G5. After shut down, the computer would not restart for a couple of days. Called tech support and was told about the recall (can't remember the actual wording) on imacs with video or power supply problems. Took the computer to the nearest Apple store on a Saturday, picked it the next day with a new power supply - no cost. Don't ever remember getting any of my pc's back from service in less than a week, let alone the next day!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Glad to hear it mikey. Macs are great machines - it is good to see that you got great service too.

Welcome to these forums as well!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Hi Mikey! Nice to hear you got your mac back and great service :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi Netty,
Noticed you're from SoCal. I'm in Saugus and the geniuses at the Apple Store in the Northridge mall are the folks that took care of me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
OooOo..I'm going to keep that in mind! I live closer to the Apple Store at The Grove in Los Angeles and the one in Manhattan Beach but I'm willing to drive for great service ;) Although I think Northridge is over an hour away! hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
from when i have rang apple or been to their genius bars they have always been very helpful ! and there call centres are not somewhere india ! whey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
Yeah, they are super helpful. They were very understanding and nice to talk to when my G1 macbook finally gave up on me. Had it replaced in a couple days. Awesome service.

Trent out

Reaction score
Thanks for that mikey! That's what we all need. There are plenty more positive experiences out there I'm sure. It's good to know that good service does exist and is shared.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
apple does do some great work....im glad you came to post your positive comment and not the million of negative comments that we usually get here on the forums
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.