15" vs 17" Screenshot Comparison? Anyone?

Reaction score
Can anyone posost some screenshots of the two different highest resolutions. I am thinking of returning my 15" MBP for a 17" MBP.

I just want to have as much real estate to see full web pages and entourage or a pdf in full size at the same time.

Can anyone help me with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
This may be tough, as it requires that the poster have both a 15" MacBook Pro *and* a 17" MacBook Pro. You may not find too many folks who have both! Good luck!

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
This may be tough, as it requires that the poster have both a 15" MacBook Pro *and* a 17" MacBook Pro. You may not find too many folks who have both! Good luck!

Doesn't every one have two MBP's??

LOL....was thinking if someone who has a 17" could set their resolution to both the 1400 x990 and the top 17" resolution and then post those....

Or anything that would show me the true real estate with a 17".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Im working on it, as soon as the picture uploads I will post it. If it doesnt upload, ill just get an image shack link or something.

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Im working on it, as soon as the picture uploads I will post it. If it doesnt upload, ill just get an image shack link or something.

GREAT!! Thanks

What is your opinion? Can you see alot more at once on a 17"? How would you describe it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Well I have a 17 inch powerbook, same screen as MBP. It is a goregeous screen. You can see alot more. The 2 inches makes a difference plus the resolution. If you really need space I recommend upgrading. My suggestion is go to Apple store and look at both. Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok here is the imageshack link, when you click the thumbnail you might have to click the picture again to get it actual size:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
hmmm....

why do you have to complicate my shopping PunkRockTuba? I've been going through the same debate and thought I had my mind set on a 15" MBP...

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Ok here is the imageshack link, when you click the thumbnail you might have to click the picture again to get it actual size:

FIrst off....that is a GREAT comparison!! Thanks

I can see how I would gather alot more room...all around

Thanks for that!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
youre welcome, hope it makes your choice a little easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Gonna go grab the 17in now, DtT?

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
youre welcome, hope it makes your choice a little easier.

It does make things easier. From the looks of that pic, I could easily have a browser opened full size (meaning opened enough to not have to worry about horizontal scroll) AND have a pdf, entourage, or something else opened full size on the other side.

I know it is hardly heavier. I just will have to measure to see the physical differences. I don't think it is that much and the width is still 1" inch.

Amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They are really similar and the best way to get a feel for the 17" is to see it in person, they are nice machines and I love mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmm....

why do you have to complicate my shopping PunkRockTuba? I've been going through the same debate and thought I had my mind set on a 15" MBP...

haha sorry about that. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am going to have to make a trip to the local store... 1 1/2 hours away!

Don't know what choice I have.

Dang, thats a good drive for you. It sucks to do that, but thats the only true way to find out if you like it or not. Unless you know somebody with a 17" that would let you look at it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.