• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just ordered a MacBook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I just ordered a MacBook on Sunday! I have yet to receive the email telling me it has been shipped, but I eagerly await it's arrival. I am very excited.:bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I know the feeling! Did you do anything custom? I upgraded my RAM to 2GB when I ordered mine, and it took a little longer (about 3 business days) before it actually shipped. I absolutely love my MB, so I'm sure you'll be happy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I ordered mine from MacMall on Friday... I'm still waiting, but I did find out it'll come tomorrow. Never order anything on a Friday, I've been antsy all weekend about the glorious thing arriving on my doorstep.

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I know the feeling! Did you do anything custom? I upgraded my RAM to 2GB when I ordered mine, and it took a little longer (about 3 business days) before it actually shipped. I absolutely love my MB, so I'm sure you'll be happy!

Yeah, I did upgrade the ram to 2GB. Dang it's going to take longer. I did get the expedited shipping though so hopefully that will speed it up. From the sounds of it, I probably won't get it till about Monday next week.

What color did you get? I got the 2.0ghz white. I decided I would take the extra money to make it black and put it into ram instead.

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I remember when I got my macbook. I was so excited....from the moment the box was handed to me at the apple store til I got home and opened it. I know I sound crazy but I wouldn't mind reliving that moment ;)

Reaction score
Yup... you guys are all 10000x more patient then I am. I ordered mine xmas eve from apple.com. But then i cancelled my order, went to a local store (BH photo video) and picked up a macbook CD. I love it. Got my case today. Getting my keyboard cover and 2nd gig of ram on the first. I also have a nice desktop setup for it too. Usb hub connected to the printer, mouse, keyboard, and hdd. And of course my optical audio setup... but thats enough about my setup... I hope you like your MB as much as I do!

Reaction score
I bought mine with 2gigs as well and it took slightly longer. I did get it a day before it was supposed to arrive so it was a nice surprise.

H

hiohokaybye

I remember when I got my macbook. I was so excited....from the moment the box was handed to me at the apple store til I got home and opened it. I know I sound crazy but I wouldn't mind reliving that moment ;)

Same here, that's wut happen to me! I love the feeling of opening the box...:dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Well, I guess I will join the new Macbook club. Ordered my 2.0 ghz macbook from apple.com todsay as well. After using a broken ibook for a few weeks it's going to be nice to have an actual fully functioning computer again. Said 3-5 day shipping and today is a wednesday, so I am on the border of recieving it before the weekend or not. Oh well, guess I will have the super-bowl to take my mind off waiting.

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I guess I will join the new Macbook club. Ordered my 2.0 ghz macbook from apple.com todsay as well. After using a broken ibook for a few weeks it's going to be nice to have an actual fully functioning computer again. Said 3-5 day shipping and today is a wednesday, so I am on the border of recieving it before the weekend or not. Oh well, guess I will have the super-bowl to take my mind off waiting.

Mine has yet to ship and I think that I am on the border too. Although if it comes on Monday I am OK with that as I have to go away this weekend (I can't take it with me) and I would be thinking about wanting to play with it all weekend which will make the weekend seem longer.

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine still hasn't shipped it's been 4 business days (5 if you count today) and my MacBook still has not shipped...(ie. has not left apple yet) I got an email early this morning telling me that it will not ship until Monday or the latest Thursday. Man that sucks! Expedited my butt!

Anyways I called in and griped a bit but it wasn't until I said the magic words "I am frustrated with this inconvenience" that I was promptly offered a $60 discount, I guess that eases the annoyance a bit but I would rather have had the MacBook 2 days ago and still paid the $60, heck I would have even paid more (Which I did, $27 for expedited shipping) to get it here yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
The delivery guy brought my Macbook at 7:30 PM on the very last day he could've got it to me and still fit within the shipping time quoted. Once you get it in your hands though, all the frustration melts away. So far, I'm absolutely in love with my Macbook. And this is the first time I've used a Mac, so there's a bit of a learning curve, but after playing around with it, and reading the forums, I think I've got everything pretty much figured out.

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I finally got shipping confirmation. I expect it to be delivered tomorrow. What a glorious day that will be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Weird... mine shipped less than 30 minutes after I ordered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
the best part about getting the new macbook, besides the macbook itself, is that smell when u open up the box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
the best part about getting the new macbook, besides the macbook itself, is that smell when u open up the box

So true!! I've had my mac for 3 months and the "new" smell has not gone away :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.