new to mac

Reaction score
hi all...i am brand new to the mac world, I have been a user of PCs my whole life and just upgraded my old sony vaio to a new black mac book.

after putting some programs on and some itunes songs I have 57GB of hard drive space left (i bought the 120GB model). Is there anything i can delete from the computer to free up some more space that I don't need? I plan on putting XP on it in the next week and I know that'll talk up some space too so I would like to leave as much free space as possible on the computer. thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There are a lot of programs and whatnot installed stock from the factory that take up space. Check out the above threads for some tips on where you can shave off some GB.

I found 2-3GB just from extra language packs I will never use and about the same amount for Garageband. Though you have to realize that there are a lot of programs that come with the Mac, so don't think of it as wasting space, but rather saving you the time of installing them :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.