• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Buying a Sprint Katana, how can i sync it with my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I have like 200 contacts on my phone right now and I would like to transfer them to my new phone. The Katana has bluetooth so can I just type up all my contacts in address book and transfer them via bluetooth with my macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
There are two ways to do it, depending on support for your phone. If you can get an iSync plugin (I can't find one for your phone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist) you can pair it with your macbook and synchronise changes to Address Book and iCal so new contacts on your phone get added to your macbook and vice versa. I use this method to sync my phone, Palm PDA and macbook. It does mean than when I swapped my phone and Palm late last year I just paired them with the macbook and ran iSync and everything was restored.

The other way, if you can't find a Sync plugin or just don't want to, is to send your contacts to your macbook from your old phone (or type them if it doesn't have bluetooth), then select them all and choose the Card->Send These Cards... menu option to send them to your new phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, OS 10.4.11
Where can I find a plugin

I just picked up a Katana II from Credo and I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a plugin for iSync.

Reaction score
Good luck with sprint, hope they treat you better than Nextel has treated us!
The katana is a pretty nice phone IMO, hope you like it.

Reaction score
I have like 200 contacts on my phone right now and I would like to transfer them to my new phone. The Katana has bluetooth so can I just type up all my contacts in address book and transfer them via bluetooth with my macbook?

Hope you find a way - I had a Katana (nice phone) until recently then because of inability of syncing with my Quicksilver I switched to a Palm Centro. Now is syncs perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.