AirPort Not Working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, 2.0 GHz Dual Core 2 Duo Processor, 1GB RAM, Mac OSX Tiger
Okay, I posted on the official mac support forums (That's a joke.) 2 days ago, I bought a MacBook White (the 2GHz one) from the Apple Store here. On the way home, I stopped by a friend's house, to get an AirPort Graphite. He upgraded, and just had that one sitting around. He configured it (wirelessly) and figured the internet would work, so I went home. When I got home, I tried to get online... nothing. I can connect to the AirPort base station wirelessly to configure it, but not to get online. Is there a difference in the cards? Can that be changed? I've done a little research, but I can't find an answer anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
This might be a silly question, but I have to ask. You do have a cable or dsl modem hooked up to the base station right?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha, I know that you have to ask silly questions sometimes, but no that's not the problem. My Cable Modem is hooked up correctly. (I can take it straight out of the airport and plug it into my computer, and it works just fine.)

Reaction score
Not familiar with the Airport, but does it have a wired (Ethernet) output jack? If so, try connecting your Mac and the router by wire to see if you can get a connection that way. Not that it will be a solution, but at least it gives you some information as to where the jam is happening.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope. It has a Phone and ethernet input, but no output.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
Have you disconnected the power from your cable modem prior to bringing up the Airport? This is normally significant because the cable modem will usually store the hardware address (also known as the MAC address - not related to the Mac computer) of the device that is connected to it. If you change the device you normally have to shut of the new device and the cable modem for about 30 seconds then bring the cable modem up first then your Airport.

Since it still works when you plug it directly into your computer but not the Airport, I would try that first.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just tried that and nothing. I also switched out the ethernet cord that runs to it, just in case of faulty plugs. That's didn't help. Any more suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.