• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Vista is being release NOW ITS TIME FOR LEPOAD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
Okay so Vista is being release on tuesday now its Lepoards turn!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I'm suprised they didn't say anything at macworld, it should be ready soon!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I think it will be out around March. The funny thing is that really there's no hurry, as Tiger is still MUCH better than Vista. ;) MS is still trying to play catchup in features and usability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You managed to misspell three words in the Title of the thread. ;)

I really am excited about the things they *haven't* revealed about Leopard. Here's hoping for a new Finder!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
same here! I cant wait, I prefer apple to take all the time they need to make it gravy. I can hold on with my tiger for a while longer it is fantastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Leopard is nowhere near being Gold-Master yet so I wouldn't expect it to be released the 20th. I think the 20th will be iLife and iWork 07'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I just got my imac last month so looks like I'll be needing upgrades already! Oh well, I'm not complaining cuz I'm so pleased. I do like to keep up with the new stuff although sometimes it doesn't seem to be much different than the previous version. I hope that's not the case with Leopard, iLife and Iwork 07. We'll see...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I am curious how Apple is going to integrate bootcamp into Leopard, if they do I will be upgrading for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
i am hoping for somthing that can switch without restarting and no performace hit.

The best solution would be a perfected version of crossover in OSX.

Reaction score
I just bought a macbook a week ago. DoI get some sort of discount to upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
So will there be, ahem...... Panther Home, Panther Premier, Panther Super Duper Premier, Panther "Oh My God it's Got Everything I Every Wanted and More" You know like Vista?

Reaction score
So will there be, ahem...... Panther Home, Panther Premier, Panther Super Duper Premier, Panther "Oh My God it's Got Everything I Every Wanted and More" You know like Vista?

of course multiple versions will be available, and to get the one with all the cool stuff touted through the media campaign, you're going to have to shell out a figure just shy of the cost of a full hip replacement. microsoft's business model is foolproof. :black:

Reaction score
I am going to buy Vista as soon as they come out with "Vista Todd Louis Green Edition." I'm guessing it will be before June. Market demand is going to be pretty low, though.

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
I am going to get Vista when bootcamp comes out of Beta and supports it. But I will be getting the one that costs at little as possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.