Boot Camp: Keyboard doesnt work?

Reaction score
I searched the forums and found nothing on this. I was hoping someone could help me.

I have an intel iMac and I installed Boot Camp, It was going perfectly fine, windows XP was installing untill it asked me if i wanted to continue, so i hit enter, but it wasnt understanding the keyboard whatsoever. None of the keys were working during the XP installation. Does anyone know why this is?

OP
D
Reaction score
OK, i was informed that the mouse is supposed to be connected to the keyboard instead of the back of the iMac for it to work during the installation. Just for a reference for anyone who wants to know in the future.

Sorry for the double post.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OK, i was informed that the mouse is supposed to be connected to the keyboard instead of the back of the iMac for it to work during the installation. Just for a reference for anyone who wants to know in the future.

Sorry for the double post.

I don't know about the mouse needing to be connected to the keyboard (although that may be true - I have a MBP, so that isn't an issue), but I ran into a similar problem with XP under Bootcamp. My problem was that my copy of XP did not have SP2 slipstreamed into the disc. That's not a big deal as you can easily find tutorials on making a slipstreamed SP2 CD from your existing disc, but that was definitely the problem. Things worked perfectly after that.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The tutorials I see use Isobuster which is only available for PC and I am working on a mac.

Not sure of how to do it with a Mac - I don't think it's possible since you need to have the setup program from the XP actually do the slipstreaming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.