YAY! Got Myself a MacBook Pro!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
Hey Gang,

Finally took the plunge and got myself a nice new shiny MacBook. I'm loving this thing, of course some things are a bit different than the Windows world but thats expected. Its good to be back with a company that first got me involved in computers. I do have one question I can't seem to figure out...When I close the lid of my macbook pro I don't want it to to go sleep. I have the settings under Energy Saver mode set right, and there really isn't anything regarding this particular subject. Anyone know how to get this done? Currently when I close the lid, the entire computer goes into standby/sleep and everything that was processing is lost (file transfers, etc).

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hey congrats about the MBP I myself got me one about 1 month ago and wow! Anyways i think theres a reason that apple does not have that has a feature. I think keeping a lappy on while the lid is closed is a big no-no. I heard that there is a hack floating around somewhere, but I don't suggest you doing it. Besides why wouldn't you want it go to sleep?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
congrats on the new mac!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Congrats on the new MBP. Hopefully you figure out the on while shut dilemna, as I will need to figure that out here soon, myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hey Gang,

Finally took the plunge and got myself a nice new shiny MacBook. I'm loving this thing, of course some things are a bit different than the Windows world but thats expected. Its good to be back with a company that first got me involved in computers. I do have one question I can't seem to figure out...When I close the lid of my macbook pro I don't want it to to go sleep. I have the settings under Energy Saver mode set right, and there really isn't anything regarding this particular subject. Anyone know how to get this done? Currently when I close the lid, the entire computer goes into standby/sleep and everything that was processing is lost (file transfers, etc).

Thanks again!

I personaly do not suggest you do this. I used InsomniaX 0.3 for two weeks letting my system sleep for a few hrs each day and after about 2 weeks I had to replace my 120gb HDD.. It could have just been fluke but I tend to think it has something to do with insomniax. whatever you choose rember these types of programs are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

try sleepless

http://www.alxsoft.com/mac/sleepless.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
oh and by the way, welcome jprez1980 :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.