Got an IMac

Reaction score
Well, all of you at this forum talked me into it. After the meltdown of my PC over a week ago, I was under pressure to get a new computer. I decided to get the 20" Imac. I am very impressed so far.

Good-

• An amazing screen
    Very fast
    Can run Windows or Mac software
    Sooooooo quiet
    Stylish as well as very good build quality
    I am enjoying playing with the new software
    Many more good things to com I'm sure

Not so good-

• Why is the mouse and keyboard cords so short?
    DVD/CD seems a little slower than what I am used to (to be fair, it is also much quieter)
    The bluetooth isn't compatible with my Westell 327 from Verizon

Thanks for letting me lurk around before making the decision to switch. Overall this is an amazing piece of hardwareand well worth the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The cords are short, because unlike a tower that can be on the floor, the iMac and keyboard are all "right there"

Abut bluetooth - half the problem is with verizon.

Reaction score
Plug the keyboard into the iMac. Plug the mouse into the keyboard.

If the cords are still too short, you might want to look into wireless.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Abut bluetooth - half the problem is with verizon.

You said it. I had a heck of a time getting my Verizon RAZR v3m to sync because there weren't any Apple-provided drivers. Fortunately, some kind soul on the Internet wrote one and it works just fine now. Google your phone make and model, followed by the terms "Mac" and "Verizon". I don't know how popular your phone is, but you might be able to dig up a driver that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Congrats and welcome to the forums. You'll find this to be an invaluable place for information and friendly advice. True, you'll have some adjustments to make but I would guess you'll be on here telling us how "amazed" you are. Have fun!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.