• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Back to MAC or PC?

Reaction score
Anyone here that knows me will know that I switched to Mac about 2 years ago. Switching to Mac was something that I do not regret... everything is so so much better!:headphone

I sold my iBook G4 a few weeks ago and all I am using at the moment is a windows:closed: pc. I'm beginning to become more and more reliant on this machine. I have never used an intel mac! I was wondering can anyone recommend on for me?

I was hoping that maybe I could get one with a HUGE hard drive... and perhaps run MAC OS X, Windows Vista and Linux?

Because of my job, my learning lately is starting to go into cracking and hacking... Im afraid that if I switch to Mac that I wont have the same opportunity to develop these skills more. Can anyone with experience in this help me out?

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The new Intel Macs, with Parallels loaded, can run all of Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. In fact I was astonished to find the complete Fedora Core 6 Linux distro included on the DVD with this months copy of Mac Format (IMHO, the best Mac magazine out there - I have a subscription).

Not sure how you define HUGE for a hard drive. Even a 250 GB drive would do nicely. 500 GB (availalable with iMacs and Mac Pros these days) drives will be plenty!

On my old PC, with a 120 GB hard drive, I run Windows XP, Arch Linux 0.7.2, Unbuntu Linux 6.06 (Dapper Drake) and SuSE Linux 9.3, each in it own partition! If I can run four OS' on a 120 GB disk, I am pretty sure you can run three on a 250 GB disk! :)

OP
I
Reaction score
Sounds cool,
well I have ALOT of stuff so I suppose I would be talking 800-a TB.

Im considering perhaps an iMAC. But I dont know... the whole portable thing is important aswel. Another option that I was going to consider is perhaps a Macbook and an external hard drive.

I wonder if I could use a windows PC at home for a Filserver, that'd be pretty cool actually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.