Photo tagging tool for Tiger?

Reaction score
I have Creative Suite 2 for mac and have a large number of photos spread throughout many folders that relate to activities for a yearbook. I was thinking today and realized it would be much easier to find photos of students if we tagged the photos with their names. My question is what is the best way to do this?

I like the check and go method associated with Bridge, but when using that on multiple photos it get VERY slow.

Additionally, the speed of Iphoto is nice, but the method of opening a window to tag photos every time is not easy

I am looking for a happy medium for Tiger that allows us to add all the students as a "tag" and then check the ones in the picture quickly.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but iPhoto does allow you to tag multiple photos with keywords. You could also set up smart albums to organise photos by date to help identify groups of images to tag.

Aperture has more advanced tagging (subcategories of keywords for example) and far more advanced search/smart album creation (grouping photos not only by date, but by any metadata).

CS3 will be out before too long, and I'm sure Bridge will get a much-needed speed kick. From what I've been reading, all of CS3 is seeing an improvement in speed, and not just due to it being universal.

OP
C
Reaction score
But the method in which you tag photos in IPhoto is inconvinent.

I like click one photo and over to the left in bridge I can check the name of the person and move on right away. No opening other windows and its only 1-click. Bridge is simply too slow when it writes the meta-data to the photo.

I'm not sure Iphoto writes metadata, but its faster. It simply is not set up well when the photo tagging isn't in the same window

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.