• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Weekend in SoCal. Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16Ghz, 1gigRAM, NVIDIA 7300GT___MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 2gigRAM, ATi X1600 256mb
Ive decided to spend the weekend in SoCal. I live in Maryland and havent been to that area since I was in elementary school.

Im 23, so pretty much up for anything.

The person I am going with has never been over there (west coast) and really hasnt traveled far at all.

So we fly in friday night,Drive to and spend the day in San Diego Saturday, then Saturday night and Sunday in LA.

Any must see places or must eats?

We are going to Sea World....I havent been in so long and it was a big part of my childhood when I lived there.

We leave late Sunday night to come back to 35 degree weather.

Should be a fun weekend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. yeah Sea World is great, you can also check out Disneyland, Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry Farm. Let's see.. in San Diego, you can take a Harbor Cruise, visit nice restaurants. Go to La Jolla and visit all the nice mansions. Hmm.. visit an Apple Store in La Jolla, or Fashion Valley Mall. :)

You can always check out: http://www.sandiego.org/nav/Visitors and http://www.signonsandiego.com for things to do.

I live here in the San Diego area, but you know how it is.. you know more about other places then the city you live in :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Universal City Walk
Melrose Avenue
Hollywood & Highland
3rd Street Promenade
Take a Cruise Down PCH through Malibu

And the above mentioned Disneyland

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Universal City Walk
Melrose Avenue
Hollywood & Highland
3rd Street Promenade
Take a Cruise Down PCH through Malibu

And the above mentioned Disneyland

I second that!! Those are fun places to hit up :)

OP
CheckMarshall
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16Ghz, 1gigRAM, NVIDIA 7300GT___MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 2gigRAM, ATi X1600 256mb
I remember In-N-Out..Ill def be there.

So Looks like Friday night is still open.

Saturday morning is still open.

Then its off to Disney/Calf. Adventure....(Tickets were hooked by a friend)

Hollywood

Stay the night in LA.

Sunday Morning is open

PCH down to San Diego

In-N-Out and Sea World

Balboa Park

Anything else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I remember In-N-Out..Ill def be there.

So Looks like Friday night is still open.

Saturday morning is still open.

Then its off to Disney/Calf. Adventure....(Tickets were hooked by a friend)

Hollywood

Stay the night in LA.

Sunday Morning is open

PCH down to San Diego

In-N-Out and Sea World

Balboa Park

Anything else?

Citywalk!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is no way you are going to have time for that whole list. I'd pick 2 maybe 3 things and really enjoy them.

Disney can several days, Hollywood should take all day. The PCH ride could take all day depending on traffic. Sea World really needs all day to be enjoyed and Balboa park can take several days if you want to explore or see more than 1 museum.

Some things that were not mentioned:

The Mission churches from Santa Barbara to San Diego. May not seem all that fun but they are gorgeous.

Beaches: Venice & Malibu in LA, Pacific & Mission in San Diego. Worth a visit, especially at your age. I know you're from New England, but the beaches here in California are different.

OP
CheckMarshall
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is no way you are going to have time for that whole list. I'd pick 2 maybe 3 things and really enjoy them.

Disney can several days, Hollywood should take all day. The PCH ride could take all day depending on traffic. Sea World really needs all day to be enjoyed and Balboa park can take several days if you want to explore or see more than 1 museum.

Some things that were not mentioned:

The Mission churches from Santa Barbara to San Diego. May not seem all that fun but they are gorgeous.

Beaches: Venice & Malibu in LA, Pacific & Mission in San Diego. Worth a visit, especially at your age. I know you're from New England, but the beaches here in California are different.

I know the days will be very packed. The big events will be Disney and Sea World.

Just looking for food ideas now. :p

***Can the PCH really add a bunch of time to our drive from LA to SD ?? We were going to get up real early to drive that way, we didnt really plan on stopping...just driving down to Hwy 5 and taking that the rest of the way.

MD isnt really considered New England.....(thats actually a nice place to live, haha) But I do know beaches pretty well, Ive been to beaches in San Diego CA when I was a kid. I miss them. Ive also been to beaches in AK,HI, NC, FL, Italy, Japan, Guam, the Philipines, Hong Kong, and a few other states not mentioned. Beaches are my best friend!

Most beautiful (to me) has to be the white sands and emerald water of the gulf coast.

Question:
Dinner ideas in LA tonight????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well depends on what you feel like eating and how much you feel like spending. I'm not going to tell you to go to The Palm if you're on a tight budget. :bomb:

OP
CheckMarshall
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not too worried about budget.....I can be young and dumb!

Would like something unique though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
California Pizza Kitchen is yummy.. The Cheesecake Factory.. oh and of course P.F. Chang's hmm... there is a very good Thai restaurant down in Pacific Beach called Karinya Thai. There is a cool off the broken path Italian Restaurant called "La Dolce Vita" and then of course Buca Di Beppo's. You could always have fun at Pat & Oscars! :) If you can make it to the fashion valley mall in san diego, go to D'lush up on the second "floor" in the food court.. get the "Mango Colada" it's awesome! The Prado in Balboa Park is good also.

Ok that should be enough suggestions ;) Oh one more BJ's Pizza and Grill... good stuff there also!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kansas City BBQ in downtown San Diego. I had dinner there on Wednesday night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.