Slide Shows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Hi, I am yet another switcher.

My question is this. I am new at this sort of thing....even on Windows PC's. I am creating a slideshow using iPhoto 6.05. I have created a slideshow using photos I have on the drive. I have added music and transitions but I want to be able to top and tail the slide show (add a slide with text) as well as add text at various stages, weather it be on seperate slides or to the photos. How do I do this?

Thanks In adavance.

Mark:blind:

P.S. I have an eMac 800 mghz with 384 meg ram.

Reaction score
G'day MaDDog, there are two option (or possibly more), first is to chose Share>Send ot iDVD when you select your Slideshow in iPhoto & the second is to fire up iMovie and create your slideshow from there.

I would probably go with option 2. iMovie has a media button which leads you to your iPhoto library, so it's easy to select photos to drag to the timeline. Then you can just add titles/effects/transitions etc.

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G'day MaDDog, there are two option (or possibly more), first is to chose Share>Send ot iDVD when you select your Slideshow in iPhoto & the second is to fire up iMovie and create your slideshow from there.

I would probably go with option 2. iMovie has a media button which leads you to your iPhoto library, so it's easy to select photos to drag to the timeline. Then you can just add titles/effects/transitions etc.

Thanks Marty....I don't seem to have Idvd or iMovie....was not on the Tiger install DVD I bought off E-Bay. Should I have it? Have I missed something??

Reaction score
Thanks Marty....I don't seem to have Idvd or iMovie....was not on the Tiger install DVD I bought off E-Bay. Should I have it? Have I missed something??

Oh, I guess you need an iLife disc then....iLife'06 contains all the great apps that usually come pre-installed. Strange you have iPhoto - and not the rest.

Then that's probably another story. See if you can buy an iLife disc from somewhere...maybe the internet?

Do you have the white model? I very nearly bought one a few years ago myself but waited and ended up with an iMac.

Reaction score
I'm reading text written by two dogs. I feel like Dr Doolittle...

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
I'd say without any doubt ... #2, going left to right. (I hope he isn't #1!!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.