ad hoc networking

J

jamesbrittain

Can anyone please help me? I've got a G4 running OS X 10.2.6 and a PC running XP. There is an airport card in the mac and 802.11b wireless card in the PC. Is it possible to ad hoc network between the two and then share a broadband connection that is currently on the PC?

I have tried in vain. When creating the network on the PC, the Mac couldn't see it and when creating the network on the MAC, the PC could see it but not connect to it?

OP
C

creat10n

i have never done it personally, but i know you can do it. the wireless card in teh PC needs to be set up as the base station and the software has to be set up to act as a gateway

OP
B

Badger

jamesbrittain said:
Can anyone please help me? I've got a G4 running OS X 10.2.6 and a PC running XP. There is an airport card in the mac and 802.11b wireless card in the PC. Is it possible to ad hoc network between the two and then share a broadband connection that is currently on the PC?

I have tried in vain. When creating the network on the PC, the Mac couldn't see it and when creating the network on the MAC, the PC could see it but not connect to it?

Try this url. It seems to have a good walk-through for this:
http://macs.about.com/cs/tipstutorials/a/xp_osx_sharing.htm?PM=ss14_macs

Badger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.