• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Anyone Got any ideas for shorts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Gahh it seems to have come to it again, I always end up finding myself wanting to produce some kind of movie / short but I never have any ideas. :radioacti Anyone creative enough around here to think of a general idea or topic for a short?

--Thanks guys :D

Reaction score
You need to find a friend who's into film/theatre/movement and comes up with ideas but doesn't know how to translate them into films.

Here are some starter ideas:

+Why not try to retell a portion of a classic in ten minutes, in a different setting? e.g. what would Boo Radley's perspective have been on the events that happened in To Kill a Mockingbird if they happened today?

+Three topics to try: Reflections, Metamorphosis, Fatherhood

+Why not ask someone with another culture to yours whether you can film them for a day? Often people enjoy their story being made into a film, and you can give them a free copy of the end result.

Hope that helps kick off the creativity!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
The switcher....the story of a confused young man who changes fom a PC to a Mac.....and the struggle to validate his choice to his friends.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i always wanted to do an update of the lassie show as a 'skit'.

timmy all grown up, and his life has gone to pot.
[open scene has the same whistle, but instead of young timmy yelling "lassie!", it's an old drunk gravelly-voiced timmy grunting "lah-ssie..."
remembers how life was so much better with lassie around.
[silouhette scene of timmy digging up lassie in the backyard]
then timmy is seen dragging this severely decayed carcass around while wearing one of his old school boy outfits (that is way too tight) and scaring/disgusting everyone in sight - but in his mind everything is peachy again. you could probably do this justice in 8 to 10 min.

maybe i should just keep that vault closed... ;)

Reaction score
How about a short where there are different people talking on the net to eachother, and you show it all from one perspective. Show it all from one users perspective... Then at the end, or at some point in some interesting conversation, which you make up, you show all the perspectives from all the people involved in the chat as they log off. This is where you throw in some kind of irony.

would be nice for me if I could see it. [email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.