New Mac User

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2GHZ 1GB Memory
I have had my Mac for about 3 weeks and all seems well. I have a question about "Mail". How can I post a link to something on my Mac? In Windows I would simply type "C:\folder name". The reason I want to do this is so I can e-mail my wife links to programs that I install. She uses Gmail by the way. Not sure if that will matter. Thanks for the help.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you're installing programs on a Mac, you don't really need links (I'm assuming you install your programs into the Applications folder). Just tell her to double click the hard drive icon, click on Applications, and find the program.

Another way would be to use Spotlight. Just click on the blue icon in the upper right corner and tell her to type out the program she needs and it'll pop right up.

Now, if your wife is using a Windows based machine, then just type out the path, highlight it and right click, then select Edit Link. A little window will drop down and just copy the path into there, and you're good to go. So when your wife clicks on the path, it should open up on her computer.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2GHZ 1GB Memory
Thank You

Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.