• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Synergy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I just figured out how to use Synergy! Now I'm using my PC keyboard & mouse on my PC & Mac... thus eliminating the need for a second keyboard & mouse...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
awesome! I love synergy!! I use it every once in a while to use my macbook pro keyboard with my powermac.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right now the only complaint that I have is that there is no side-scroll on my logitech mouse. Man, I miss the side-scroll already, and it's only been a couple of hours!

Reaction score
I have never used it, bt it looks cool! Do you need any wires or a special network?

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No wires or special network needed. I've got Synergy server running on my PC, and Synergy client running on my Mac. PC setup was a breeze (GUI) but the Mac setup is all done in TextEdit and has to be executed via Terminal. A bit of a pain, but after about an hour I figured it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Right now the only complaint that I have is that there is no side-scroll on my logitech mouse. Man, I miss the side-scroll already, and it's only been a couple of hours!

hold shift down while scrolling, it turns vertical scrolling into horizontal.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the tip PBG4 - rep added.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.