• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Imovie/Quicktime help needed

Reaction score
I have a .tmp file that I cannot open with my mac and I tried to open it on a pc and it didn't work on any of the computers I tried it on

Reaction score
What file is it? I don't usually hear of people handling around with TMP files. What application do you use to open it on a PC?

OP
C
Reaction score
I don't know I just recorded something on a friend of mine's camera and it's not readable by any of the computers I've tried to get it to work on and the only thing I can tell you is that the extension is .tmp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Temp files are usually just that. They are used specifically by the application that created them and most often not understood by other applications.

If you think your recording (I'm assuming videa based on your title) is in that file, then you need to figure out the format the camera records in. You simply haven't given us enough information to help you. For instance, camera vendor and model number, tape or hard drive or disc as medium, recorded codec, how did the file get to you Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.