Help with iPhoto please.

T

todd51

Okay, whenever I add pictures to my library from this past summer, iPhoto automatically creates a new folder and thinks they were from 2004. How do I stop iPhoto from putting them in a 2004 folder, and instead putting them in with all the other 2006 pictures?

Reaction score
G'day todd, I know this is a dumb Q, but your camera's date/time is set to 2007?

OP
T

todd51

See, I figured it had something to do with that, however I did not take the pictures, one of my friends did on his camera when we were on vacation, and I grabbed them from him.

Is there a way to go in and change the picture data so that iPhoto would put it in the 2006 year? I had tried just going in the folders, and manually dragging it into the 2006 folder, but iPhoto automatically put it back!

Thanks for the quick reply though! :)

OP
T

todd51

I'm not sure Pulse, but this is the Info for one of the files, as you can see it says 2004 on it, but I can't seem to change that.

Picture 1.png

OP
T

todd51

Sorry didn't know you had edited your post already, I'll give it a try really quickly, thanks!

OP
T

todd51

Hmm, I can't seem to figure out how to use this, it's not an actual program, just a plugin?

Edit: I'm reading the comments on that link you gave me, looks like it doens't work for the intel Macs right now :(

Reaction score
Just found out I don't have Stuffit installed.

I just read at the bottom of the webpage that it's not Universal and one downloader cried because it wouldn't work on her MacBook .... !!

Reaction score
Haha, yea I noticed that too! Is photoshop able to do any of this?

I just had the worst time trying to get that installed ... too long to go into.

In short ... it doesn't work.

Graphic Convertor is a free download and I'm pretty sure it allows exif editing.

I also believe PhotoShop allows editing of exif data too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Actually you can do it in iPhoto. Select the photos in question, go to the Photos menu, select Batch Change (or just hit command+shift+B), choose Date from the drop down menu and change the date to when they were taken.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.